We are looking for a PHP Developer to join our team in our beautiful rural offices near Ilminster in Somerset.
Location: Office-based, Ilminster, UK
Salary Scale: Negotiable, dependent on experience
Hours: 30-37.5 hours per week on a flexible basis (other hours considered for the right candidate)
You'll be able to develop systems that make sense to users in the real world and communicate technical details in a way that a non-technical person can understand. You'll be commercially-minded and understand the need for efficient development, rather than a coder who likes to overcomplicate things just because they can. The successful candidate will be someone who understands the needs of working as part of a team (e.g. well-commented code with updates committed regularly)!
In-house training and assistance will be provided to develop the right candidate.
Required skills and experience
- At least 1 years' commercial web development experience, with some case studies or examples of work.
- Experienced with OOP principles and modern PHP frameworks.
- Good SQL skills and familiarity with MySQL/Maria.
- Excellent HTML and CSS skills.
- Experience in developing responsive websites.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent English language and maths skills.
- Version control with SVN and Git.
- A fast learner, with attention to detail.
Desirable skills & experience
- ZCE accredited for PHP5.
- Experience with responsive CSS frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap).
- Experience with Laravel.
- A proficiency at the Linux command line.
- A good understanding of DNS.
- Knowledge of LAMP server management.
In the first instance, please send your CV to email@example.com. All applications will receive a response.
We thank you for your interest, but we are not looking for applications from recruitment agencies at this time. Please don't waste your time calling or writing to us, as we will be unable to reply.